This antenna splitter allows you to share the same antenna for VHF and a Class B AIS receiver/transponder. As the VHF antenna is generally placed at the highest point (at the masthead), this allows a maximum range also for AIS.
When sharing the same antenna, it is necessary to install a splitter because the reception - and even more the transmission - AIS interferes with voice communications via VHF.
This high quality splitter also contains a zero-loss amplifier that increases the detection of AIS signals from surrounding ships.
The SP-160 has 4 connectors :
- to external antenna (PL-259 standard)
- to AIS box (cable not supplied)
- to VHF radio (a 2m cable is supplied)
- to AM/FM radio (BNC connector - cable not supplied)
- Power supply: 10-32 V
- Max. consumption: 270 mA
- Max. VHF power: 25 W
- Max. AIS power: 12.5 W
- Tightness: IPX7
- Compatibility: AIS Vesper Marine receivers and transponders and all brands