The aiShell 9.7 is a new waterproof housing model from Andres Industries designed to replace the aiShell Air in the long term. Be careful for the moment there is no sun shade. If you need this accessory, it is preferable to choose the aiShell Air.
What is New?
What changes compared to the aiShell Air:
- enlarged window for the rear camera to use the flash
- compatibility with the iPad's built-in brightness sensor, allowing automatic adjustment to ambient light
- presence of accessory slots on 3 sides, allowing anti-slip pads (supplied) to be attached to the sides, or a pen holder (supplied)
- improved non-slip feet (these feet are also available as spare parts for other aiShell cases)
- notches around the screen for easier access to the edges of the screen
- caution for the moment no compatibility with aiShell Air sun shades !
What doesn't change:
- same very durable construction made of rigid plastic
- ultra-transparent tactile film giving the impression of using the bare screen
The aiShell 9.7 is Andres Industries' new waterproof case model for the iPad 9.7": Air*, Air2, iPad Pro 9.7" and iPad 9.7" from 2017 and 2018*.
In practice, it is very similar to the aiShell Air: two rigid half-shells, closed by latches that ensure a high pressure well distributed on the gasket. This construction provides exceptional durability and impact resistance.
Very practical, this design allows the case to be opened and closed repeatedly in a few seconds, without wear and tear over time. Simply place the iPad in the rear part and fold the front part down like a book, then close the latches.
The case allows you to use the different buttons on the iPad (On/Off, Home, Volume + and -) and the front and rear cameras, well protected by a transparent glass.
It also has retractable feet to tilt the iPad for more comfortable use of the touchscreen keyboard.
Ultra-transparent tactile film
The case has an ultra-transparent film to protect the screen, easily replaceable in case of damage.
It offers a tactile sensation equivalent to the bare screen, while protecting it and reducing fingerprints. This tight and non-stick film avoids the traditional problems of ripples or air bubbles that affect sunlight readability.
The aiShell 9.7 allows different options for charging the iPad without taking it out of the case :
- with the original Apple cable, (after opening a cap) - with an optional waterproof cable for full humidity protection (including immersion), - with the Car Cradle charging bracket, also fully waterproof
Mounting and fixing
One of the key advantages of aiShell range is the multiplicity of fastening solutions:
- There is a quick release bracket that allows the case to be attached/detached instantly and with one hand only. This bracket can be screwed directly onto a wall or mounted on an articulated arm to orient the iPad. The unit can then be mounted on a tube or with reliable suction cups. - It is also possible to screw accessories (e. g. aRAM round base) directly to the back of the housing, but this solution is only convenient for permanent mounting - The Car Cradle mentioned above is a cradle that also ensures recharging: no need to fix a cable on the housing to keep it charged! - finally, an optional neckstrap or rear handle can be also mounted onto the case using non-through screws, thus without risk of leakage.