You need the Scanstrut Flip Pro dual semi-sealed charger if ...
- you need to charge USB-A or USB-C devices in a humid environment
- you need a powerful charger, capable of quickly charging the most power-hungry smartphones and tablets (especially the new iPad Pro)
- you are looking for a compact and discreet plug, capable of integrating into most environments (boat, 4x4, motorbike, quad...)
Description of the Scanstrut Flip Pro semi-sealed plug
This semi-sealed socket is easy to install in the cockpit of a boat, or on the dashboard of a quad bike or motorbike, and allows you to simultaneously connect a standard USB cable (Type-A) and a USB-C cable (a new, more powerful USB format, present in particular on the latest iPads).
It has a spring-loaded cover that provides IPX4 waterproof protection (see IP protection ratings for more information). The cover can be locked in the open position. Please note that when the cover is open, it must be protected against water ingress.
It can be connected to either 12 or 24V (voltage range: 10-32VDC) and delivers up to 3A max per socket. It can therefore deliver 36W in USB-C at 12V and up to 60W at 24V (compared to the maximum 12-15W available on a classic USB-A charger!) This plug therefore allows very fast charging of most USB-C compatible electronic devices.
In addition, this plug is compatible with the QC 2.0 (Quick charge) standard allowing increased power also in USB-A (up to 18W) for compatible devices (Android devices equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon chips)
Connecting the Flip Pro semi-sealed socket :
Mounting is done in a bulkhead pass-through, with a standard size barrel (29mm hole - maximum bulkhead thickness 25mm) held in place by a locknut.
Note: it is therefore necessary to be able to access the rear face.
The connection is made via + and - lugs
Caution :no cable is supplied, you will have to do the wiring yourself on the 12V network, preferably with a fuse protection (6A min).
- Waterproofing: IPX4 with the cover closed (For more information: IP protection ratings)
- Input voltage: 10-32VDC
- Output power on USB-A: 7.5W (all devices) - up to 18W (Quickcharge devices)
- Output voltage on USB-C: up to 36W on 12V circuit or 60W on 24V
- Output current: 3A max per socket
- No-load power consumption: 0.01W
- Dimensions: see detailed diagram in the photos above