New USB-C version of Scanstrut's waterproof dual USB plug
A fully waterproof USB-A / USB-C plug !
This waterproof socket easy to install in the cockpit of a boat allows a USB-A and/or a USB-C cable (standard cables) to be connected simultaneously and securely, protecting the connection from moisture.
How it works :
The watertightness is ensured by a cover which presses the cable(s) against a rubber seal whose shape prevents water from penetrating. The whole unit remains watertight even without cables.
The product incorporates two female USB connectors (1 USB-A and 1 USB-C), each of which can deliver a maximum current of 3 amps: it is therefore possible to charge two iPads simultaneously.
The mounting is done in a bulkhead, with a standard size barrel (30mm hole - max. thickness 25mm) held by a lock nut. An additional screw compresses a seal at this point, and prevents the plug from rotating.
Caution : no wiring cable is supplied, you will have to do the wiring yourself on the 12/24V network, preferably with a fuse protection.
- Waterproofing: IPX6 (For more information: IP ratings)
- Input voltage: 10-32VDC
- USB-A output power: typically 7.5W (5Vx1.5A) up to 36W
- USB-C output power on 12V: up to 36W (i.e. 12V x 3A)
- USB-C output power on 24V: up to 60W (i.e. 20V x 3A)
- Output current: 3A max on each socket
- Dimensions: see detailed diagram in the photos above